Reported by MD
Patient with major depression and generalised anxiety. Treated with Sceletium with rapid improvement in mood and decreased anxiety.
Reported by Psychiatrist
Patient with major depression. Treated with Sceletium. Rapid improvement in mood and energy.
Reported by Psychologist
Patient with a personality disorder and dysthymia. Treated with Sceletium. Mood lifted, and was able to feel more focused, engaged and not so socially distant.
- Approximately 40 to 50 people directly or indirectly associated with the Zembrin project. Word-of-mouth requests from friends of friends.
- Given free samples of 30 X 25mg Zembrin® capsules or tablets. Approximately 400 units of product.
- No reports solicited. Use ranges from intermittent use to tide overwork stress or emotional crisis, to long-term daily use. Longest continuous duration of use ~4 years by an individual. No withdrawal reported.
- Adjectives used to describe the effects of Zembrin®: Anti-Stress, Anti-Anxiety, Antidepressant, Calming, Focusing, Optimistic, Serenity, Energy, Motivated, Equanimity, Improves Sleep
Location: University of Western Ontario, Canada
PI: Dr. Simon Chiu, Clinical
Investigator: Dr. Michael Woodbury
Methodology: Double-blind, zebrine controlled crossover study of 20 volunteers with 25 mg of Zembrin daily
3 weeks active / placebo
3 weeks washout, then crossover
3 weeks placebo / active
- Cognitive Function: VitalSign battery of tests
- Mood: Hamilton Depression Rating Scale (HAM-D)
- Clinical Parameters: blood pressure, pulse, & side effects monitored through Treatment Emergent Adverse Events Scale
Zembrin Selectively and Significantly Improved key Cognitive Domains
Mean Age: 54.6 +/- 6.0
Healthy Population: No DSM IV-R cognitive or mood disorders